Day 1: LIMA
Pick up at the airport and transfer to your hotel.
Colonial City Tour in Lima (afternoon)
Around 1:30 p.m., the tour begins with the pick up of our travelers from their respective hotels in Lima, and then we will make a stop at the Intihuatana Park, located on the Malecon in Miraflores, from where we will observe the Pacific Ocean. We will begin our tour of the modern residential districts of Miraflores and San Isidro. We will observe outside the Huaca Pucllana, a pre-Inca ceremonial temple in the shape of a pyramid that has survived the urban expansion of Lima.
We will continue our tour to the Parque del Olivar and the Financial Center then we will go to the Historical Center of Lima, declared by UNESCO in 1991 Cultural Patrimony of Humanity, where the center of the Spanish colony was established in the 16th century and the first buildings were erected. We will visit the San Martin Square, its balconies and old mansions, the Main Square and its most important buildings such as the Government Palace, the Lima Cathedral, the Archbishop's and Municipal Palace, the Desamparados Station, among others
We will enter one of the most important convents of the 17th century. Where the relics of the three Peruvian saints: Saint Rose of Lima, Saint Martin de Porres and Saint John Macias are kept. Then we will return to Miraflores, where end of our tour, you will have the option of staying in the Indian market, in Larcomar or returning to your hotel.
Overnight in Lima
Day 2: LIMA - CUSCO (FREE DAY)
Breakfast at the hotel
At the appropriate time transfer to the airport in Lima.
Flight Lima - Cusco (on behalf of the passenger)
Reception at the airport in Cusco and transfer to your hotel.
Afternoon free to acclimatize to the altitude or do activities on your own.
Day 3: SACRED VALLEY
Breakfast at the hotel.
08:00 - Pick up time.
We will start the day by picking up our participants from their hotels in Cusco. We will visit the Sacred Valley of the Incas, which is located on the bank of the Vilcanota River. We will visit the Inca citadel of Pisac, where we will appreciate platforms and architectural structures located on the slopes of that place and at the top of the mountain, we will return to the traditional village of Pisac to visit the Indian market, where we can learn about the customs of its inhabitants.
We will have lunch in one of the traditional restaurant located in Urubamba, Sacred Valley of the Incas. In the afternoon, we will visit the Fortress and citadel of Ollantaytambo, erected to guard the entrance to this part of the valley and protect it of invasions of the people from the eastern jungle.
On the way back to Cusco we will visit the Picturesque traditional village of Chinchero, where the remains of the royal estate of Túpac Inca Yupanqui are located. We will appreciate its very well preserved Inca walls in the main square and appreciate the beautiful colonial temple with interesting frescoes in the portico, built on the foundations of an Inca construction.
Overnight in Cusco.
Day 4: TREKKING KM 82
- Meals: Lunch, snacks and dinner.
- Accommodation: Camping facilities.
- Distance: 11kms / 6.8 mls (6 hours more or less of walking)
- Difficulty: Easy / moderate.
- Walking time: Approximately 6 hours (including picnic lunch on the route)
- Hiking and terrain: Hiking on open and steep trails.
Breakfast at the hotel, at a coordinated time you will be picked up from the hotel to be transferred by ITEP transport from Cusco through the Sacred Valley of the Incas, finally we will arrive at Km 82 "Entrance to the Inca Trail".
Trekking Km 82 "Piscacucho to Wayllabamba
After breakfast, we leave our hotel in Cusco in a private van, heading towards the start of the walk at km82. Upon arrival, the client will go through the formalities to enter the Inca Trail and begin the trek.
We will start at 2400 m.a.s.l. and ascend little by little. After two hours of walking, you will arrive at the archaeological ruins of Llactapata (2650 meters above sea level). Then, we will continue our journey towards the semitropical Valley of Wayllabamba. After two hours, we will arrive at the archaeological zone of Wayllabamba, visit the site and then camp in the surroundings of the place. There we will have dinner and spend the night.
Day 5: TREKKING
- Meals: Breakfast, lunch and dinner.
- Accommodation: Camping facilities.
- Distance: 16kms / 10mls (9 hours or so of walking time)
- Difficulty: Moderate.
Early, after breakfast, we will begin the most difficult and demanding part of the route, with an exhausting climb of three to four hours, to reach the first pass called Warmiwañusca ("dead woman"), with an altitude of 4,200 m.a.s.l.
At this point, we will be able to admire an impressive view of the entire Huayllabamba and Pacaymayo valley, where you will feel at the top of the world. It is in this place where the guide will perform a small ceremony of payment to the snowy mountains of Veronica and Wayanay, after the ritual with the coca leaves we will be descending the mountain for a period of one and a half hours to reach Pacaymayo (3,600 m.a.s.l.)
After lunch, the second steep two-hour climb to the Runkuraqay pass begins (almost 4000 m / 13,123 ft). We arrive at our campsite at 5 pm. Temperatures in this camp are 4°C (41°F) at night.
Day 6: TREKKING
- Meals: Breakfast, lunch and dinner.
- Accommodation: Camping facilities and cold-water showers.
- Distance: 10kms / 6.2mls (5 hours or so of walking)
- Difficulty: Moderate
After breakfast, we will begin to ascend to the second pass of the Inca Trail, after an hour of walking we will arrive at the archaeological group of Runcuracay, place that was discovered in 1915 by the American explorer Hiran Binghan, the same one that we will visit.
Then we continue ascending the mountain and we will reach the second pass, from this place, we will be able to appreciate the valley of Pacaymayo, Aobamba and the snow-capped mountains of the Pumasillo (6,000m). We will then descend the mountain to reach the third archaeological group of the Sayacmarca trail (3540 m.a.s.l.), which will be visited to continue the hike. After 30 minutes, we will arrive at the campsite of Chaquicocha, where we will have lunch.
After a siesta we will continue to the pass of Phuyu Patamarca (3650 m.a.s.l.), from this place we will see the impressive mountain of Machupicchu where we will be taking a small break and you will be able to take some pictures. After 10 minutes of descent, we will arrive to the archaeological group of Phuyupatamarca, Intipatay and Wiñayhuayna.
From this place we will descend the mountain approximately 1,000 meters, in the course of the journey we will be enjoying the best example of the stone Inca road as well as the diversity of flora and fauna to finally arrive to the camp of Wiñayhuayna, place where we will be spending the third night.
Approximately 12°C. A few steps from our camp is the famous Inca site of "Wiñay Wayna" ("Young forever"). Even if you feel tired after the hike, it is a moment you cannot miss, as it is the most impressive site on the Inca Trail.
Day 7: TREKKING
- Meals: Breakfast
- Distance: 8.9kms / 5.5mls "By bus in 25 minutes
- Difficulty: Easy
Very early at 4:00 a.m. we will have breakfast to start the hike to Machupicchu at 5:00 a.m. on the way we will be able to see a diversity of flowers, begonias, orchids, ferns, etc.
After an hour and a half of walking we will arrive at the door of the sun (INTIPUNKU) 2490 meters above sea level. It is one of the most impressive viewpoints of Machupicchu, 1 km from the archaeological group; it is the first point of view of the archaeological group of Machupicchu.
Then we will descend the mountain to arrive at the control of Machupicchu, where you will have a small free time so that you can use some services and you can leave your suitcases in the wardrobe. Later you will visit, with the guide, the archaeological group of Machupicchu for a lapse of 2 hours approximately.
Finally, you will have a free time to explore the place and to take the bus of return to the town of Aguas Calientes where you will be able to have lunch by your own and if the time allows it. A relaxing bath in the thermal baths of Aguas Calientes is not included, it costs 10 soles, and finally you can board the train back to Ollantaytambo where we will be waiting to transfer you to Cusco.
You will also have time to enjoy some of the following activities on your own if you wish (not included in the price)
- Climb the Huayna Picchu or Machu Picchu Mountain and appreciate the beauty and magnificence of Machu Picchu from there.
- Other optional activities in Aguas Calientes include a visit to the new local museum or bathing in the hot springs.
Return to Cusco: You will descend to Aguas Calientes and then board the Expedition train to the Ollantaytambo train station. "The train departure time may vary depending on the schedule and availability of the train". At the Ollantaytambo train station, you will meet our transport and be transferred to your hotel in Cusco.
Day 8: CUSCO - PUNO “SUN ROUTE”
Breakfast at hotel
Transfer from the hotel to the bus station
The tour lasts 10 hours approximately, where we will have 4 excursions and guided visits to the places of tourist interest of the south corridor of the altiplano visiting the temple of Andahuaylillas or Sistine Chapel of America, the Inka temple of Raqchi, the step of the Raya to 4335 msnm and the museum Inka Aymara of Pukara. The visits last from 20 to 40 minutes, in which the passenger will be able to ask questions, take pictures and explore the attraction at his own discretion for a certain time, making this experience an unforgettable one.
The Buffet Lunch: It consists of a variety of foods from the Andes with which they prepare typical food and international Novo Andina food, the diet includes vegetables, grains, red and white meats, varieties of salads, a selection of desserts and a variety of hot drinks, which are served in a comfortable typical restaurant in the city of Sicuani.
Arrival in the city of Puno and transfer to the selected hotel.
*If the hotel category is 4 or 5 stars the trip will be by train Perurail Titicaca, these departures will be only on Wednesdays, Fridays and Sundays, if it does not coincide. The trip from Cusco to Puno will be by Tourist Bus.
Reception in Puno.
Accommodation in Puno.
Day 9: PUNO: TITICACA LAKE
Breakfast at the hotel.
At 7:00 am, our staff will pick you up from the hotel and take you to the port of Lake Titicaca, our local guide will be waiting for us with the boat to start our great adventure on Lake Titicaca. We will leave in the direction of Uros, on the way our guide will explain important points of this majestic lake, soon after we will arrive at the famous floating islands of the Uros.
We will make the excursion in the island of Uros, visiting its inhabitants and learning about customs of these communities that have lived for years in the highlands.
After visiting these, we will return to the boat and continue our trip towards the Island of Taquile.
We will sail for approximately 3 hours on the Titicaca in the direction of Taquile, a huge island that is characterized by its magnificent and beautiful fabrics. Here you will have the opportunity to observe how people of the island produces splendid textiles such as ponchos, belts, gloves and other typical high
After appreciating these beautiful handmade works, we will continue with the until we reach the top of the island, where we will walk along a beautiful path, somewhat inclined offers spectacular landscapes of the lake. The most advisable is to walk slowly, take it easy and enjoy as much as possible, since they are walking over 3800 meters high in a world.
Approximately 45 minutes later, we will arrive at the center of Taquile, where we will finally we will rest and visit a small site museum, which through photos shows aspects important part of the lives of the people of Taquile. We will have lunch in a typical restaurant around the after lunch, visitors will have free time to visit the workshops of the knitting and taking pictures with the friendly locals. In the afternoon, we will go down to the pier and we will undertake our return trip to Puno, arriving in the city at approximately 05:00pm.
Overnight at hotel in Puno.
Day 10: TRANSFER TO JULIACA AIRPORT - PUNO
Breakfast at the hotel
At the appropriate time, transfer to the airport.
End of our Services
- Transfer in/out airport - hotel - airport
- 01 night accommodation in Lima with breakfast
- Colonial City Tour with revenue
- Transfer in/out airport - hotel - airport
- 03 nights accommodation in Cusco with breakfast
- Full Day Sacred Valley + Buffet Lunch
- Excursion of the Route of the Sun: Cusco - Puno + Lunch buffet
- Pre-Departure Information: You will meet your guide and royalty group of the Inca Trail at our office for an orientation before your hike. At this time, we will provide you with the canvas bags that will be carried by our Porters. The meeting will be at 6:00 PM the afternoon before the trek begins. In case you cannot come at this time, please "let us know" to arrange another time.
- Tourist Transportation: We will pick you up from your hotel in Cusco in the morning and you will travel by private transportation to Piscacucho, the starting point of the Royal Inca Trail to Machupicchu.
- Experienced Tourist Guide on the Royal Inca Trail: Professionally educated and official English-speaking tourist guide with tourist certification. All grew up in this region and have a true passion for teaching others about their heritage. Your guide will explain the culture and surroundings along the entire route, including leading your group in ancient ceremonies! He or she will keep you safe, healthy and comfortable on your hike so you can enjoy your time along the Inca Trail and make sure you are safe and happy.
- Experienced Machupicchu cultural tour guide: Speaks English, professional, with tourist certification. To visit the sacred city of Machupicchu.
- Private campsites: Each camp is carefully chosen to have a very personalized experience
- Night 1: Enjoy the first night in Wayllabamba and sleep in our 4 season Pro Aconcagua Doite tents. All our tents are for 4 people, but ONLY 2 sleep, leaving plenty of room to spread out comfortably and store your canvas bags. They also include a small lobby at the front, which gives you extra space outdoors to leave your boots and poles so you do not have to bring in dirt.
- Night 2: Enjoy the second night in Pacaymayu on the Royal Inca Trail and sleep in our 4 season Pro Aconcagua Doite tents. All our tents are for 4 people, but ONLY 2 sleep, leaving plenty of room to spread out comfortably and store your canvas bags. They also include a small lobby at the front, which gives you extra space outdoors to leave your boots and poles so you do not have to bring in dirt.
- Night 3: Enjoy the third night in Wiñay Huayna on the Royal Inca Trail and sleep in our 4 season Pro Aconcagua Doite tents. All our tents are for 4 people, but ONLY 2 sleep, leaving plenty of room to spread out comfortably and store your canvas bags. They also include a small lobby at the front, which gives you extra space outdoors to leave your boots and poles so you do not have to bring in dirt.
- Note: It is not usual for accommodations or hotels to change after confirmation; however, it may vary according to government regulations and authorizations due to bad weather conditions and perhaps the physical condition of our visitors: Any changes and ITEP will be informing you in advance and as soon as possible.
- Camping equipment: Dining and kitchen tents, tables, chairs and cooking equipment (all carried by our porters and horses).
- Entrance ticket to the Inca Trail
- Entrance ticket to the Inca site of Machu Picchu
- One canvas bag: You can keep your personal luggage; this bag will be carried by the passengers themselves. The porters can take your equipment but it will be an additional cost.
- Professional trekking chef: A professional chef specialized in cooking on the way, with an assistant, will prepare all your delicious meals along our trip on the way to replenish your energy every day. You will never go hungry!
- Meals: 3 breakfasts, 3 lunches, 3 dinners (vegetarian, vegan or special menus available at no extra cost) Please note (first breakfast and last lunch not included)
- Boiled water: from your first lunch to your last breakfast, Inka Trail Expeditions will supply all the necessary water. This water will be boiled, filtered and then cooled, before being distributed. You must supply your own water bottles. We recommend that you bring about 3L.
- Waking up with tea: Every morning at camp, you will wake up with a cup of coke tea! Our staff will bring the tea to your tent to warm it up before the day starts.
- Teatime every day during the walk: Every afternoon before dinner, the cooks will serve you popcorn, cookies, coffee, hot chocolate, tea, hot water, etc. After a long day of walking, you will not have to wait until dinner to relax, and enjoy a bite to eat!
- Hygiene products: You will be provided with a small towel before each meal to wash your hands and every morning there will be a bucket with warm water to wash up.
- Medical kit and oxygen bottle: Our team will bring a first aid kit, which includes an emergency oxygen bottle.
- Bus Consettur to Machupicchu - Aguas Calientes
- Train tickets: From Machupicchu village station to Ollantaytambo train station (departure time is confirmed on the day of the meeting and is subject to availability) and Vistadome train on return for 4 and 5 star category.
- Transfer back to Cusco: Private tourist transport from Ollantaytambo train station to your hotel in Cusco (Day 4)
- 24-hour guest service: We have a 24-hour telephone service available to facilitate communication and preparation with the agency leading to your trip.
- Transfer in/out bus station - hotel - airport
- 02 nights accommodation in Puno with breakfast
- Full Day Titicaca Lake Excursion + Local Tourist Lunch
WHAT IS NOT INCLUDED
- International and national air tickets
- Food not mentioned in Lima and Cusco
- Sleeping bags: You can rent one from our company if you do not have your own. Our sleeping bags are effective and durable to protect from temperatures as low as -18°C (0°F). They are shaped like mummies and include a sleeping pad. The bags are cleaned after each use.
- Walking sticks: You can rent a set from our company if you wish.
- Day 1: Breakfast on the Inca Trail: Approximately USD 5.00 to USD 10.00, the price may vary according to your selection.
- Last day on the Inca Trail: Lunch and dinner in Aguas Calientes. Approximately USD 20.00 to 25.00, the price may vary according to your selection.
- Personal clothing and equipment
- Travel Insurance
- Tips for assistance staff: Please note that our agency staff is well paid, so please feel free to tip or not as you wish "Recommendation USD 6 to USD 8 per day per traveler for all trekking staff"- Again this is optional and may vary according to your satisfaction.
- Additional costs or delays out of management control (landscape, bad weather conditions, modification of the itinerary for security reasons, illness, change of government policy, political instability/strike, etc).
- Canes (USD 15 for a pair of canes).
- Extra porter for personal items (USD 80 for 7 Kilos - max. 7 Kilos).
- Upgrade to the Vistadome train (USD 50).
- Entrance ticket to Huayna Picchu or Sacred Mountain of Machupicchu (USD 75) - There is a limited space in Huayna Picchu (400 people per day), so it is a good idea to book in advance.
- You Need
- Original passport
- Sleeping bag (not included, but can be rented at our offices)
- Walking boots
- Waterproof jacket / rain poncho
- Wool warm-up jacket, hat and gloves
- T-shirts or polo shirts
- Comfortable pants
- Sun hat
- Sun protection cream (factor 35 recommended)
- Reusable plastic bottle or metal water container or camel bags.
- Water (only for the first 4 hours of walking, then we will give you the previously boiled water
- Insect repellent
- Personal medication
- Camera and films
- Flashlight with spare batteries (headlights are useful)
- Something else:
- Cane (with rubber tip)
- Extra money
- Bathing suit (for the hot springs in Aguas Calientes)