The Inca Trail availability to Machu Picchu will be closed the month of February by disposition of the Ministry of Culture, because maintenance, upkeep and cleaning will be performed. The entrance to the Inka Trail will be re-enabled from March 1.
In this section you can check the availability of the trail provided by the Ministry of Culture. Here some information should take into account:
- The month of February is rainy season so the Ministry closes the Inca Trail.
- The Inca Trail availability we use is the same to any other agency, because this information is directly provided by the Ministry of Culture.
- The number of spaces is very variable. Agencies usually book up to 30 spaces, do not be surprised if in a moment the available spaces are sold out.
- The spaces shown are for either route be it Short Inca Trail 2 days or Classic Inca Trail 4 days.
- The availability is exclusively administered by the Ministry of Culture. Only they can manage and authorize the access to the Inka Trail.
- The Inca Trail is enabled only for 500 spaces per day, within which includes staff (porters and guides) spaces. but, for the pandemic (COVID-19), the number of tickets is gradually increasing.